Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Menu at Jules Verne

Thank you for the information. Now I was wondering if you can remember the approximate cost for the fixed lunch menu? I%26#39;m not going to let cost get in the way of a wonderful lunch but it would be nice to have an idea. Since you went al la carte, do you remember how much that was? Do you or anyone else have a suggestion for your favorite meal at the Jules Verne?





Kathy






|||



bestrestaurantsparis.com/restaurant-paris/de…



here are some meals with prices.




|||



but i just read reviews and it seems the food is ok but doesnt deserve its star, also some people paid around 130 euros for a bottle of chablis!! all say the wines are too expensive, and some said the toilets were disgusting, they had some flies around them while eating, that the decor and view are amazing but that the food doesnt deserve the price, ive never been there so cant tell but maybe you might consider another place!




|||



ok im sorry i read reviews from last year, but now the chef has changed so i suppose the menu also, maybe someone who has been in january can tell you.




|||



A friend of mine ate at the Jules Verne a few months ago. I%26#39;m not sure if this was before the new chef or not but everything on the pris fix menu, where you get three courses for one price, were things many Americans wouldn%26#39;t eat. An example is eels. It looked to her like they were deliberately putting things like eels as the selections so the many people who didn%26#39;t want to eat something like that had to choose from the expensive part of the menu, a la carte. I could be wrong but it seemed rather sneaky. I hope things have changed.




|||



Really hard to suggest a %26quot;favorite%26quot; meal at Jules Verne. I%26#39;ve eaten there twice, once for lunch and once for new year%26#39;s eve last year. The only thing that is a favorite from that place is a beautiful view. JV has gotten a star based on that alone.




|||



OK, I think I have changed my mind. This does not sound very nice to me. I only have two days in Paris and I would like to be able to eat and enjoy it. Any suggestions? I can tell you that eating eel, doe, and head of cow does not sound good to me. I would love for it to be a place that I will remember as serving wonderful food, friendly service and a reasonable price tag. I must say that I am very disappointed with the Jules Verne. It had been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I guess it is time for New Dreams!



Any help will be most appreciated.




|||



No, please don%26#39;t change your mind. It is a special restaurant. Food is french and not outrageous like the poster previously suggested. It%26#39;s just food is not memorable and rather mediocre, although whether it will be memorable or not will depend on your prior restaurant experience. Bottom line: if you haven%26#39;t been to many michelin places you might come away in awe b/c you%26#39;ll have nothing to compare against. In any case, the view will overshadow food :-).




|||



Just a note: ask for the fixed cost menu if you don%26#39;t see it. Apparently we went in Sept. the the fixed cost menu was written all in French and the a-la-carte was in English. I assumed they were the same thing and ordered from the English menu. Well, when the $400 bill came (for 2 chicken lunches, appetizers, dessert and no wine), we realized we ordered from the wrong menu. I believe the fixed cost was a little over $100 per person. The food wasn%26#39;t that great either. The view was fantastic though.




|||



I dined there a year or so ago. The cost came in at the equivalent of $200 per person for lunch, but that included champagne. This is the same as we have paid in other Michelin 1 star restaurants.





The chef prepared a special vegetarian tasting menu for me, and my husband chose from the A La Carte.





I am not sure what the view is like from the middle of the restaurant, we were lucky enough to secure a window table.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment